5 Tips to Control Urinary Urgency
If you are suffering from urgency or urge urinary incontinence. Some will even coin this as an Overactive Bladder. When people suffer from an “overactive bladder” the bladder muscle (detrusor) will contract even when the bladder is not full. This gives a person a sudden urge to urinate. This symptom is considered Urinary Urgency. Urge Urinary Incontinence is described as when the urge is so strong the person experiences leakage before they can get to the bathroom.
5 Tips to curb your urge and get you to the bathroom without leakage
1. Stop what you are doing and sit or stand very still
2. Stay very still and try an regain control over this sensation
3. Contract or Squeeze your pelvic floor several times (5-10 times). This will send a message to your bladder muscle to slow down on its contractions.
4. Relax and take a deep breath. Wait for the urge to pass.
5. When you feel the urge decrease walk slowly and calmly to the bathroom.
Be sure to join the TPT health movement and receive all of our health information by signing up in the right hand column (or below on mobile version). If you have any further questions regarding urge incontinence feel free to ask us at email@example.com.